Chronosphere, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “Chronosphere”) takes the protection of personal data seriously. This Recruitment Privacy NoticeEurope(the “Notice”) describes Chronosphere’s processing of personal data of candidates and job applicants in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom and Switzerland.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please contact us using the contact details provided at the end of this Notice.
1. Personal Data We Collect
We may process the personal data outlined below. In this Notice, “personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Personal data we collect directly from you
- Identification information, including name, date and place of birth, language.
- Contact details, including phone number, email address and mailing address.
- Job application details, including resume, CV, cover letter, certificates, employment history, education and training, work/residence permit, desired compensation, competency profile, professional experience, language skills.
- Assessment information, including recordings of video interviews and results of online assessments.
Personal data we collect from third parties
- Professional social media. If you include a professional social media link or identifier in your application, we may retrieve information about your professional social media presence from such social media sites.
We will only collect and process special categories of personal data (including data regarding criminal convictions and offenses) where this is necessary and relevant for the position you are applying to, and where authorized by law.
2. How We Use Personal Data
Chronosphere may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Evaluating job applications, including registering your application, assessing your job application in view of a potential recruitment, communicating with you about your application.
- Background screening, including screening of educational and professional background prior to employment.
- Future recruitment, including maintaining a database of job candidates in order to be able to contact potential candidates if any future job opportunities match their profile.
- Compliance, including complying with applicable legal requirements, industry standards, and our policies, and performing audits.
- Protecting Chronosphere, including responding to legal claims and otherwise protecting our rights and interests to the extent permitted by law.
3. How We Disclose Personal Data
We may disclose information to third parties with your consent, as well as in the following circumstances:
- Chronosphere group. We may disclose details about your application to HR and management teams of other members of the Chronosphere group of companies.
- Talent acquisition. We may disclose your personal data to talent management and assessment companies or entities providing online interviewing services.
- Service providers. We may disclose your personal data to third party service providers who provide us with hosting and other services. We limit the personal data provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
- Compliance. We may disclose your personal data as required by law or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect the interests, rights, property, or safety of Chronosphere, its employees or others, or to comply witha judicial proceeding, court order, or governmental or regulatory request or legal process served on us.
- Business transfers. To an acquirer, successor, or assignee of our company as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
4. International Data Transfers
We may transfer your personal data to the United States, where we are headquartered. The United States laws governing data collection and use may differ from those in your country. When we transfer personal data outside of the European Economic Area, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom, we implement appropriate safeguards in accordance with applicable data protection laws, such as the European Commission’s standard contractual clauses. For more information about international data transfers, please contact us using the contact details provided at the end of this Notice.
5. Your Rights and Choices
You have several rights and choices with regard to our use of your personal data.
When we process your personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time and free of charge. We will apply your choice going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
You may request access to and information about the personal data we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal data, restrict or object to the processing of your personal data, have your personal data anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your personal data to another company. Note that there are exceptions and limitations to each of these rights. You always have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
6. Retention Periods
We take measures to delete your personal data or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this information for a longer period. When determining the retention period, we take into account relevant criteria, such as the position you applied for, whether the application was successful, expected future job openings matching your profile, mandatory retention periods provided by law, and the relevant statute of limitations. If your application is unsuccessful, we will generally retain your application for a period of up to one year.
7. Contact Us
Unless otherwise indicated, Chronosphere is the entity responsible or “data controller” for the data processing described in this Notice.
If you have questions about this Notice, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via regular mail at:
1420 NW Gilman Blvd, 2228
Issaquah, WA 98027
Last Updated: May 2020