Chronosphere, Inc, its subsidiaries, and affiliates (collectively, “Chronosphere”, “we”, “our” or “us”) respect the privacy of our users (“you” or “user”). This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) describes how we collect, process, share, and safeguard Personal Data we collect in connection with your use of our website at www.chronosphere.io, our marketing activities, and our support services (together with the Website, the “Services”). It also tells you about your rights and choices with respect to your Personal Data, and how you can contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
For information about how we process information of job applicants in Europe, please see our EU Applicant Privacy Notice available here.
1. Personal Data We Collect
We collect Personal Data about you from different sources listed below. In this Notice, “Personal Data” means any information related to an identified or identifiable individual, and it does not include data whereby personally identifiable information has been removed (such as deidentified or aggregated data).
Information Provided by You
- Contact Information. When you contact us, subscribe to our marketing communications, or register with the Services, you may provide us with contact information such as your name, email address, address, phone number, company name, and role.
- Correspondence and other communications. When you contact us via a contact form, email, or by other means, you may provide us with Personal Data, such as your contact information and the contents and nature of your correspondence with us.
Information Collected via Automated Means
- Device information. When you use the Services, we may automatically collect information about your device, including your IP address, device type, web browser, operating system version, and other information your device may transmit.
- Usage information. When you use the Services, may automatically collect information about your use of the Services, including information about your interactions with our Website, such as the time of your visit and where you click, as well as the web pages that you visit just before or just after you use our Website.
Information Collected from Other Sources
- Social media information. We may obtain Personal Data about you from social media platforms, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. This information includes profile information and messages you choose to send us via these platforms.
We also collect, create, use, and share deidentified and/or aggregated data (such as statistical or demographic data) derived from your Personal Data or use of the Services (“Aggregated Data”) for our business purposes. Aggregated Data is not Personal Data as this data will not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may deidentify and/or aggregate data about your use of our Services to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your Personal Data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we will treat the combined data as Personal Data and process it in accordance with this Notice.
2. How We Use Personal Data
We will use your Personal Data for one or more of the following purposes:
- Providing the Services. We use your Personal Data to operate, maintain, and provide you with the Services.
- Providing technical support. We use your Personal Data to provide technical support, including diagnosing and resolving any issues you report.
- Communicating with you. We may use your Personal Data as necessary to contact you for administrative purposes, including to provide information that you request and to respond to comments and questions.
- Processing payments. We may use your Personal Data as necessary to process your payment.
- Marketing. We may use your email address and other Personal Data to send marketing communications, including updates on promotions and events relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties with whom we work. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve the Services. You can opt out of receiving promotional communications as described below under section 5: “Your Rights and Choices.” Where required under applicable law, we will only send you promotional emails with your opt-in consent.
- Creating Aggregated Data. We may use your Personal Data to collect or create Aggregated Data for our business purposes.
- Understanding usage and improving the Services. We use the information that we collect on the Services to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Services, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- Administrative and legal purposes. We may use your Personal Data to address any administrative or legal issues pertaining to Chronosphere, including enforcing our contracts or other legal rights, complying with legal obligations, and defending against legal claims or disputes.
- Other purposes. We may use your Personal Data for other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the Personal Data is collected.
Our Use of European Personal Data
If you are located in the European Economic Area, we only process your Personal Data when we have a valid legal basis.
- Consent. We may use your Personal Data when you have given your consent to do so. For example, to send you marketing communications.
- Contractual necessity. We may use your Personal Data to perform our end of our contracts with you. For example, to provide you with the Services.
- Legal obligation. We may use your Personal Data when we are legally required to. For example, to comply with tax and accounting obligations, or to comply with a court order.
- Legitimate interest. We may use your Personal Data when we, or a third party, have a legitimate interest in doing so. For example, we have a legitimate interest in understanding usage and improving the Services. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process Personal Data when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Essential/necessary cookies. Some cookies are strictly necessary to make our Website available to you; for example, to remember your cookie settings, and for certain security features to work. We cannot provide you with the Website without this type of cookies.
- Third-party features. The Services may contain features and other content provided by third parties, such as social media buttons. These third parties may collect information about you if you visit a website that contains features or content provided by them. This Notice does not address, and we do not control, what Personal Data these third parties collect. We encourage you to review these third parties privacy policies and related privacy settings before using these features.
You can block cookies by setting your internet browser to block some or all or cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Website.
4. When We Disclose Personal Data
We may disclose Personal Data to the following recipients and in the following circumstances.
- Service providers. We work with third-party service providers to provide website development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process Personal Data as part of providing those services for us.
- Legal. We may disclose information, including Personal Data, to law enforcement agencies, regulatory bodies, public authorities or pursuant to the exercise of legal proceedings if we are legally required to do so, or if we believe, in good faith, that such disclosure is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or request, to enforce our terms and conditions, to prevent or resolve security or technical issues, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Chronosphere, our users, a third party, or the public.
- Change of corporate ownership. We may transfer your Personal Data to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our assets.
- Chronosphere group. We share Personal Data about you with our affiliates and subsidiaries within the Chronosphere group.
5. Your Rights and Choices
You may decline to share certain Personal Data with us, in which case we may not be able to provide you with some of the features and functionality of the Services. If you wish to access, amend, or delete any other Personal Data we hold about you, you may contact us using the contact details at the end of this Notice.
If you receive commercial email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt-out from receiving commercial email from us and any other promotional communications that we may send to you from time to time, by contacting us using the contact details at the end of this Notice. Please be aware that after you opt out of receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Services.
Your European Privacy Rights
If you are located in the European Economic Area, then Chronosphere, Inc. is the “data controller” for the processing of your Personal Data, and you have the following additional rights.
- You may request access to and receive information about the Personal Data we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Data, restrict or object to the processing of your Personal Data, have the information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, and exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your Personal Data to another company. In addition, you may also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work, or where an alleged incident took place.
- You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your Personal Data, at any time, and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
Please note that there are exceptions and limitations to each of these rights. You may exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details at the end of this Notice.
6. International Data Transfers
We may transfer your Personal Data to the United States, where we are headquartered. The United States laws governing data collection and use may differ from those in your country. When we transfer Personal Data outside of the European Economic Area, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom, we implement appropriate safeguards in accordance with applicable data protection laws, such as the European Commission’s standard contractual clauses. For more information about international data transfers, please contact us using the contact details provided at the end of this Notice.
7. Children’s Privacy
Our Website is not directed to children, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 18. If you learn that a child has provided us with Personal Data in violation of this Notice, please contact us at email@example.com.
8. Data Retention
Chronosphere stores all Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes set out in this Notice, or for as long as we are required to do so by law or in order to comply with a regulatory obligation. When deleting Personal Data, we will take measures to render such Personal Data irrecoverable or irreproducible, and the electronic files which contain Personal Data will be permanently deleted.
9. Data Security
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of Personal Data that we collect and maintain. However, the storage and transfer of Personal Data through the internet will carry its own inherent risks, and we do not guarantee the security of your Personal Data. You make any such storage and transfer at your own risk.
10. Changes to this Notice
We will post any adjustments to this Notice on this page, and the revised version will be effective when it is posted. If we materially change the ways in which we use or share Personal Data previously collected from you through the Services, we will attempt to notify you of such material changes through the Services, by email, or another method.
11. How to Contact Us
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Notice, your Personal Data, our use and disclosure policy, and practices, or your consent choices by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail at:
224 W 35th St Ste 500 PMB 47
New York, NY 10001